Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CATOS SATOC TASOC... TACOS!



Summer is slowly slipping away as we are fully into September, but the heat is back. To fight the heat, we had some nice fresh findings at the grocery store. Peaches! Peaches are in season now and they were looking incredibly fresh at the store. The best part? They were on sale.

Side note: There's a contestant on this season's Project Runway whose name is Peach. We think she's going to be out soon though! haha. But for now, these peaches that are still in.







Simple American style tacos for dinner tonight. It was one of those drive by shopping trips this week where one is close to a grocery store and needs only one thing, but ends up doing grocery shopping for the next few days. One of the impromptu menu items was tacos. I really need a list of things to buy because I forget things. Those shopping lists are not a myth!

So what did I invariably forget this time? Cilantro, cheese and sour cream. American tacos are really an infusion of our idea of tacos. Real mexican tacos do not have cheddar cheese and sour cream anyways. =P


\




We live up on the second floor and there's a window that looks out. The window is perfect for dinner prep because I can see my husband as soon as he pulls in. He takes the form of a miniature figurine in the driveway and I can make last minute preparations before he comes upstairs. This was the cue for the avocados today. Can you see him? I tried to draw some lines so you could see him.



Start slicing~~~




All sliced up; the art deco inspired pile of avocados. It has resemblence to the transformer box that implodes in the first Transformers. Do you know what I'm talking about?





I tried to find the video for a visual but this is all I came up with. You get the idea though. If my avocado really imploded into a tiny square, I'd be so mad because I wouldn't have enough for the tacos!





And finally, profound moment I leave to you as food for thought.
This happened during egg poaching...


An egg bubble.
yay. :)


Bon Appetite!


Foodie Yoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment